Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Cottage Garden Seed Swap & Chat #37, 1 by gemini_sage

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gemini_sage

In reply to: Cottage Garden Seed Swap & Chat #37

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Cottage Garden Seed Swap & Chat #37
gemini_sage wrote:
toofew, I just rooted some May Night cuttings I snagged from a friends plant. They were very easy, I just dusted with rooting powder and stuck them in pots outside. That's been about 3 weeks ago and they're growing and starting to bloom again. Did you let your Black and Blue go dormant when you brought it in before? May be best to let frost hit it, then dig up the tuber and store it dormant (like a Dahlia), I think that would keep you from having bug problems.

While I have been completely unsuccessful at raising a single seedling that would actually be sellable, once the tiny, pathetic things get in the ground they grow like crazy. So, still dreaming of vending some day, but today I'm just enjoying and appreciating so many wonderful plants from all of you in the garden :-) The last week of April I planted these Vinca (from starlight) and Salvia argentea (from Lea) and the biggest one was perhaps 2" tall. The vincas were yellowing, so although tiny, I went ahead and planted them. Now its hard to believe how pitiful they were!