Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: Quick question about growing out nelly moser, 1 by ClematisGuru

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ClematisGuru

In reply to: Quick question about growing out nelly moser

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Quick question about growing out nelly moser
ClematisGuru wrote:
thanks all. one reason i that in an important display i usually put more than one clem (dupes or different varieties), i put in two,or layer another in the ground as soon as the plant is established and has some medium wood, best to insert into the ground in july or aug.
clems are the only perennial where the perception is that you can get all the lush display with one plant. that niobe is three plants.
think about it, when you buy cone flowers or speedwell, or geraniums, you rarely get just one...we expect out of a single clem plant. sometimes that happens over many many years, but more plants is helpful.

i will ask my friend who owns backroads if she ships,if so i will post the info. she is located in delaware, ohio. not sure how far that is from new richmond, but if you come down, come by and see the clems punkysmamaw.......

however, talking about single plants, the ville is ONLY ONE PLANT. i have never layered it, due to the setting and just can't seem to get the right vine on the right piece of ground. i have another smaller ville in another display, but this creature is solo, 8 yrs old. slightly different angle to this shot that the other i have posted of it. ther eis a collar of rocks built up many years ago around the base of the plant and the angelina sedum outside of the rock collar.