Photo by Melody

Irises: Any idea why my iris won't bloom?, 1 by guardians

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright guardians

In reply to: Any idea why my iris won't bloom?

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Any idea why my iris won't bloom?
guardians wrote:
LOL, Steve, I SO get it. When I was a child I couldn't understand why I was being tortured by being dragged out of bed at 6 am to pick field peas and butterbeans at my uncle's farm, so early of course because any later and we melted in the SC July heat and humidity. Why couldn't we just buy them at the store? They usually found me hiding in a row of tomatoes with juice running down my chin. A privileged only child, of farm-grown parents who grew up raising not only their own veggies, but meat as well, I didn't appreciate any of it until my late 30's. I have always loved growing flowering plants, a double green thumbitis inherited from grandparents who were masters at making stuff grow, but until moving here I never had room or time to plant in earnest. Now even my semi-retired DH has turned into Farmer Vince, only lacking the overalls. He still doesn't know what he's doing but he loves to piddle. And he is crazy over all my flowers, very supportive of my never-ending need to fill every single spot with something blooming, as long as I find time to bring in some so he can admire them while in the house.