Photo by Melody

European Gardening: Any rocket, radicchio, frisee, mache growers?, 1 by greenhouse_gal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright greenhouse_gal

In reply to: Any rocket, radicchio, frisee, mache growers?

Forum: European Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Any rocket, radicchio, frisee, mache growers?
greenhouse_gal wrote:
And then here's the other side, showing my summer squash, pepper plants (protected by paper cup rims), tomato tripods, and beyond them there are beans - one row of bush beans (Fin de Bagnol and Pelandron) and then one row of pole beans (Fortex) and a row of peas. Beyond that is a small orchard and then the chicken yard. The denser stand of trees in the farther distance used to be part of our sheep and goat pasturage but we don't raise larger animals anymore.

Behind me in these photos is more garden; on the left side we have asparagus, raspberries, cucumbers, cantaloupe, watermelon, and winter squash, and on the right side we have blackberries, carrots (which didn't come up very well so I resowed some), arugula, beets, chard, and I planted some cabbage seed but it turned out to be radishes instead. I'll resow those in the late summer hopefully for a fall crop.

We also have an herb section, with cilantro, French thyme, rosemary, sage, parsley and two kinds of basil. We keep the hot peppers there too, well away from the sweet variety; otherwise the seeds of the sweet peppers are hot!

This message was edited Jun 6, 2009 6:49 AM