Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: Deer! Garden Pests for Sure!, 1 by kountrykitten

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright kountrykitten

In reply to: Deer! Garden Pests for Sure!

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Deer! Garden Pests for Sure!
kountrykitten wrote:
Hi Ladyborg
I am originally from Michigan & moved to Tennessee a little over a year ago. And let me tell you the deer in Tennessee aren't even different than the ones in Michigan. I fought with them for years in Michigan spending hundreds of dollars on concoctions. fences, hanging soap in a sock on the fences, even pouring my husbands perfume all around the gardens. That helped for awhile but eventually they came back. Until I discovered something that changed my life and saved my gardens. It is called a "Scarecrow". I think I saw a commercial on tv. It was a little pricey but I thought what ta heck why not give it a try. Let me tell you to this day I have 6 or 7 of these wonderful things and I am proud to say my gardens are doing wonderful. What it is is an automatic outdoor animal deterrent, you hook it up to your hose it's motion-activated sprinkler that instantly releases a short but startling burst of water when it detects an animal, and scares them away. It runs on a 9-volt battery and your garden hose.
I'm not a seller of this product or anything like that I took most this off the box lol but I do & will recommend it to anyone. Sorry I carried on so but wanted you to know another option,.
Now if they had one for getting rid of snails & slugs I would be happy lol
Good Luck