Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 39, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 39

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 39
77sunset wrote:
Good morning all. Another very cold morning here with the misty fog laying down in between the hills. The sky was very pink but it doesn't mean much these days as it was all pink and purple last night too.
The ground never seems to get dry these days. We only had a bit of rain but get this mist every day. It hangs around until late morning and the sun has really no heat to dry the moisture up. It is not nice to try and weed as your gloves get wet with the first few . I have to keep a few spare pairs to change as I work.
We haven't lit our big bonfire out in the paddock yet . It has to be done this year as there will probably be another lot of branches from the trees later. They get to the stage where the foliage is way out on the ends and gets top heavy, then, branch breaks and falls.
There are lots of small toadstools everywhere, All shapes and sizes. I get tiny ones in some pots and larger ones around the garden. There is one very large type that comes up in the zygo shadehouse every year. It swells up and looks like a loaf of bread.
Hello Marleneann. I hope you didn't go poof with your post back there.
Cody, the little ducks are very cute. They do like to attach themselvs to a mum substitute.
Hello Dalfyre, I always found that having to move things forced a cleanout . It's amazing what one can accumulate without realising.
Sue , your plants are looking great. My broms are still looking good. They haven't realised it's colder here. . Glad you didn't have too much damage from the water.
Helo Steve. Sounds like you are settled in for the winter in your shed. The wood will make a great table.
We had to pull down an old tank stand here a few years back and the wood has been just great for lots of shelves in my shadehouses. .
I love to recycle old stuff. I still have a pile of old fibreglass from the revamped old shadehouse to make use of. It laid around here for years until I arrived and reused it .It was 2nd hand when hubby bought it here so has really been recycled well. I may use it as a wall on the new project down the back.
Chrissy, I love banana flowers , they are so colorful. I have seen bananas growing in Melbourne and doing well. I must try some here as they are one of my favorite fruits.
The sun is trying to come out now. There is no wind as yet. Yesterday had a very cold breeze.
I had better move from here and do something domestic. Vacuum floors . ugh.
Have a lovely day everyone and hello to all I have not mentioned.
Helen , I have some lovely parrot flowers in the fern house at the moment.
Here is something nice to nibble on. Peanut Butter Cups.
Happy gardening . Jean.