Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 39, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 39

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 39
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. . The sun is shining in the window here but it is freezing outside. There is a very chilly breeze. I will stay inside for a while I think. Yesterday the plumber came and put in the new showerhead and the new toilet cistern. Makes a difference. . I can now stand under the shower instead of trying to chase the water drops as they fall . Our water is not nice at all but luckily we have an old rain water tank for drinking. Even though we use the rainwater, I clean the electric jug every few months by boiling it up with vinegar.
Leisa, thank you for your nice comments. It is nice to know you all appreciate me standing over a hot stove , cooking all day to keep you supplied with delicious goodies. ha ha.
Helen, I like Leisa's crucifix orchids too. I have some bought as cuttings but as yet they haven't flowered. I think they are red and orange . I have seen a white which looked lovely. Mine are in the epi house which might not be so good for them. Do they like full sun ? I may move them outside near the Angels.
Chrissy, I hope all your phone problems get sorted out. Nothing worse than waiting on Telstra to do a job.
Hello Cody, having fun with your little ducks ? I like geese and they make good watchdogs too. Can't have any poultry here as the foxes will get them.
Dalfyre, congrats on the house sale. I hope you didn't celebrate with too much of that bubbly.
Hello to everyone else looking in the window.
Sue, Shelly, Mya, Kat, Sammut, Brian and Steve.
I am going to have to go out and brave the cold to get the washing done. I may spray a bit of Roundup when the grass dries a bit more. We still have our large heap of branches to burn out in the front paddock. Now the grass is green and damp it is a good time with no danger of starting any grassfires.
A good way to keep warm too. I may suggest this to hubby when I get the washing done.
Have a great garden day everyone and enjoy the nibbles.
American Sponge Cake.
Jean..