Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: lilac advice, 1 by pastime

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pastime

In reply to: lilac advice

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of lilac advice
pastime wrote:
I wouldn't move it again. That's causing more stress. My Miss Kim does fine in full sun, but it's out in the open, not next to the house. Sounds like a lack of water. I also have one that gets partial shade. It doesn't get as many blooms compared to the one in the sun. There is also a spray you can purchase called WiltPruf. It protects the leaves from extreme temperatures and wind burn. Did your plant come in a pot or balled and burlap? There is also a tool called Peterson's root waterer. You attach your hose to it and stick the rod into the the ground near the plant's roots. It will water the roots directly instead of surface watering with a hose. I've used it a lot, especially with new trees and shrubs. I hope Miss Kim makes it. They smell wonderful when in bloom.

You could also try bringing it back to the nursery where it was purchased. Your parents may have bought a sickly plant and they (the nursery) may replace it if it was purchased within a year.