Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 39, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 39

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 39
77sunset wrote:
Good morning all.
The sun is shining and it looks like a fine day again. I do like these fine days but it could rain a lot more maybe at night.
Yesterday was cold to start but turned out better than the forecast. I came home with an orphan variegated Eriestomon and a large piece of a white flowering zygo. The piece was on the ground , really it was, so I asked could I have it as it wpould only get swept up. The lady knows me so I got it. There were some very nice zygos all in flower and mine are coming out too. It seems a good year for them. I have to hurry this morning as the plumber is coming to put up a new shower head and also a new toilet cistern. We have been given them by the water authority as part of a plan for pensioners to save water. I'll take anything for free. It will be nice to have the shower done as the old one gets clogged with mineral residue all the time. Hopefully it will take a long time before the new one does. The 'powers that be ' moved us onto a 'new' water supply which is full of calcium and goodness knows what else. It tastes awful but thankfully doesn't seem to affect the plants aside form leaving a bit of residue on the leaves. Annoys me a lot when this is done but governments seem to be a law unto themselves.
Oh well back to the garden. I am seeing bulbs everywhere now. The Roundup is out and ready for the weeds too. The hills around here are all nice and green but it is still very dry underneath.
I only have my roses to prune in July, in the garden now. All the jobs are done .
Guess what ??
There is an area down the back next to the epi houses that has gone to waste for many years as there is an enormous dead tree trunk standing there which leans on the old shed making it a bit unsafe to try and remove. Hubby has decided that it has to be tackled as there might be European wasps wanting to nest there. He said I can have the whole space and also the old shed part for my Angels.
It will be lovely because it is out of all the wind and full sun but still nice and light.
We will leave the roof of the shed and the front wall. I won't put any shadecloth up as it is sheltered enough.
What fun, a new project, isn't he a darling.
First, we have to get the tree down but it is pretty rotten even though large.
Hello Cody, that is a beautiful flower, dahlia ???
Helen, love the shirt. You look pretty good in it.
I'd hate to show a pic of me in my daggy trackies in the garden.
Hello Marleneann, little orchid baby is smiling this morning, Hope it does well fo me.
Kat, glad you didn't wash away in the rain. How are your turkeys ? Lots more coming in spring. Look out epis.
Hello Dalfyre and Chrissy. hello to everyone else poping in.
Better get things ready for the plumber now.
Have a great day and enjoy these Lemon Meltaway Cookies
Jean.