Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Greenhouse: Heating G'house with Kerosene heater?, 1 by HollyAnnS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HollyAnnS

In reply to: Heating G'house with Kerosene heater?

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Heating G'house with Kerosene heater?
HollyAnnS wrote:
Our house is passive solar with an active solar system for hot water. We also use a wood/coal stove. We don't have a basement just a crawl space under part of the house. The greenhouse will be built directly against the exterior wall with a door put into what is now the dining area of my great room. So I would have a door and window that opens directly from the GH to the house I should be able to get some kind of heat exchange with that and a fan. It would be easiest to fit it in under the eaves so that will limit the height. Not that it would be short just that I would love to grow a few larger plants and I could use the extra height. My goal for this year is to get the foundation in. I would love to have the greenhouse up and working but would be happy if we can just get the foundation in. Here is the space where it will go. It will fit between that bump-out and the brick patio the door will go in between the window and the glass doors. That kitchen window will open into the GH. It is just over ten foot from the ground to under the eave so an extra foot or two would really open up some overhead space. I haven't talked to Ric yet to see how that would work for us. He would be the one to know. Thanks so much for this idea, I had been looking up at those eaves for a year now and thinking just a little taller. LOL