Mid-Atlantic Gardening: For Chantell, 1 by rcn48

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rcn48

In reply to: For Chantell

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of For Chantell
rcn48 wrote:
Beautiful photos and gorgeous Peonies hart! We don't have many Iris in the gardens but I'm looking at them more and more as I make plans for the new garden I'm hoping to work on this summer. First time in a long time I'm going to be planting a "sunny" garden. I'm going to strive for more of a 'cottage garden' and think that Irises need to find a place there :)

You're going to love Helena's Blush - it's my favorite :) Looked back through the ton of pictures I took this weekend and for some reason can't find the two I wanted to post - one of HB and the other of the Euphorbia you picked up from Kim's! I bought that one a couple of years ago - Euphorbia lathyris http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/55261/ - liked it so much I went back to the vendor the next year to get more. He wasn't selling it that year but said, believe me if you'd had it once you'll have enough to last a lifetime! Sure enough I found a few babies popping up in the gardens late last summer and transplanted them where I wanted them to live and spread some more. Already finding more new babies this spring :) I love the foliage, unique flowers and its tall erect habit - will try to get photos soon to share.

I did grab a few shots of the Peonies this weekend. Almost all of them were blooming right on cue for the Open House :) My 'Bowl of Beauty' is still surviving although they're weaker than in years before because the trees around them are shading them too much. This one found a way to the light and popped through the foliage of the Japanese Maple out front!