Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 39, 1 by

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 39

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 39
wrote:
Good morning jean and everyone ...so far cool foggy and cold here but I think it will be a nice day ...it is a bit upsetting to find almost all the Autumn leaves washed or blown away. I look foward to them each year and tend to feel ripped off when they are gone in 5 mins (as we do in Spring when the Spring blossoms are blown away) The one tree that clings to it's leaves and waits a bit before colouring is the Ginko ...I love mine and soon it will have bright butter coloured leaves, it has had some wind damage but still has enough to turn on a great performance ...I can't wait.
The colours in the persimmon trees are the prettiest here but as they are in front of the house facing the winds off the Blue Mountains they copped it big time and were gone almost overnight ...it was the kind of wind that rips off branches from trees, coupled with extreme rain ...well ok next Autumn then.
Since most of we gardeners seem to be suffering one way or the other, I had better cease my grumbling ...besides we can always find something to love can't we?
Here is my Ginko getting ready for it's Autumn performance.