Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: A few pics...., 1 by ClematisGuru

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ClematisGuru

In reply to: A few pics....

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of A few pics....
ClematisGuru wrote:
my niobes almost always get pruned as a 3, because there usually seems to be winter damage and i have to take them down. my main niobes are right out side the house and i do not like the old vine ratty look behind the new growth and blooms. so i treat mine as a 3 , with a after-bloom prune too. they then give a nice second blooming. they have always been on small oblesiks and then trailing over the shrubbery. this year i moved the smaller supports, that would become hidden by june anyway and added a taller support on each side of the walkway.
here is the niobe with all fresh new growth, will be blooming in a week i'd say. one or two smaller niobe plants in full, full sun in another garden opened a few niobe blooms yesterday. this is good sun, but not full full sun. therefore the blooms last a long time and the central bar becomes nor pronounced as the sepals near the end of hanging on.
thanks on the ville de lyon comments. it is a very steady , reliable clem...even more than niobe which is a good clem, but ville is a mainstay here an d a must for any clem garden.
here is old niobe on the new support.