Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: Can anyone help me with this problem? , 1 by bevoreno

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bevoreno

Subject: Can anyone help me with this problem?

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Can anyone help me with this problem?
bevoreno wrote:
I know the image isn't the best, but I am having trouble figuring out what the deal is with my Staghorn Sumac. About 2 weeks ago my 2 sumacs sprouted and started off gangbusters. But like last year, all of a sudden they started getting these 'rust' leaves that turn yellow and drop off. I know bugs can winter over, and blighted leaves can drop and perpetuate the problem, I just don't know how to treat it. I think its in the planter box in that area, because last season the hibiscus next to them did the same thing. They didn't die, they just curled the leaves and didn't thrive a whole bunch.

I treated my sumacs with Bayer Tree and Shrub Protect and Feed granular. I guess I treated it about 3 weeks ago now? Not sure how long its supposed to take, but maybe I'm not even treating the right problem?

I can post a better pic if need be, any help would be much appreciated as I hate missing a whole growing season since ours is so short here in Reno, NV!!