Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Wildlife: Eeeeeeeeeeek!, 1 by TexasPuddyPrint

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright TexasPuddyPrint

In reply to: Eeeeeeeeeeek!

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Eeeeeeeeeeek!
TexasPuddyPrint wrote:
Yowie! That's a big snake too! Are cottonmouths and water moccasins the same thing? We don't get those at the ranch but I do recall seeing water moccasins basking along the banks of the Mississippi River when I lived in Memphis. Scary!!!

The indigos out here are huge snakes. I see one or two when I'm usually puttering around the back land on the golfcart. I picked up a small two footer I saw in the grass a while back because I wanted to take a photo of it on the dirt road...big mistake! I'd forgotten how awful they smell. UGH!!!

Here's one that was a little over 8 foot. Only part of it can be seen in this photo - I was driving the golfcart and it wouldn't move out of the way. It got mad and reared up and hissed at me. It flattened out it's neck and looked like a cobra! Lawwwwwwwwdy! That scared the criminy out of me and I backed up and high tailed it out of there!...but not after I got a photo of it lifting it's body in front of the golf cart :o)

~ Cat