Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Wildlife: Eeeeeeeeeeek!, 1 by TexasPuddyPrint

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright TexasPuddyPrint

In reply to: Eeeeeeeeeeek!

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Eeeeeeeeeeek!
TexasPuddyPrint wrote:
They get pretty big out here since we have several hundred acres of native brushland and all the neighboring areas are also brushland. We don't go out and hunt for them but if we see them when we are out and about well...you know what happens.

I took this photo in November 2008 when I was puttering around on the golfcart in the back land looking to photograph butterflies. I'd caught a glimpse of the black snake when I drove by but when I reversed to get a photo the beeping of the golf cart backing up or the ground vibrations I caused must have scared it because it started to crawl away before I could get a full body photo. As I was taking photographs I realized there was a rattlesnake in the photo too! The black snake must have been about to eat the rattlesnake.

Man oh man, I would have had some great photos if I'd only come up on the scene a few minutes later and been much quieter!!! I waited for about ten minutes but it didn't return and the rattler started to move away as well. It was a huge rattler and I didn't want to come across that one again so needless to say, I killed it.

~ Cat

This message was edited May 17, 2009 4:45 PM