Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Mid-Spring Blossoms, 1 by stormyla

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright stormyla

In reply to: Mid-Spring Blossoms

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Mid-Spring Blossoms
stormyla wrote:
Thanks, linuxogre. I hate calling anyone an ogre! This fall I mulched heavily in that bed with shredded leaves also gave it a top dressing of mushroom soil before mulching.. A lot of the mulch blew away, but that is a dry, windy, sunny area.

DSO was using my Weed Dragon in that area last fall to control the ever encroaching creeping charlie and grass and I suspect he may have torched some of it. (I found incinerated asters) There are still about 6 or so plants there, but they have not grown and are not blooming.

It's planted all along the front of this bed and if you look closely, you can see some of the plants, but they are doing nothing. This photo was taken on the 19th. The grey small plants on the left are Snow in Summer, which thrives and should enjoy the same conditions as the Phlox.

BTW. are you going to Holly's swap in Dover, Pa.? She is sending out directions tomorrow for all who have expressed an interest.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/956527/