Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: FFO Clematis bloom, 1 by ClematisGuru

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ClematisGuru

In reply to: FFO Clematis bloom

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of FFO Clematis bloom
ClematisGuru wrote:
taj this guernsey cream is about 4 years old, and i must admit is in an area on the side of my house that is a little neglected. the clems here do not get as much attention. there is a beautiful josephine there too, just down the slope who will be blooming (oodles of lovely blooms at eye level) soon. will post form her. joesphine does not like to be over nurtured, but she needs her fertilizer after bloom time especially to restore the loss and then be left largely alone till late in summer when she may bloom again, but i usually deadhead those off so she can save her energy for the spring show.
i have guernsey in 4 clem gardens, all put in about 4 years ago when a local nursery had them. i like to put them in each clem garden as they kick off the season so festively. thanks for asking. it is a real fav for me.
i like this photo as it shows the bloom in pistachio as it opens (partial shade for this) and then the recurving creamy white she is named for as the bloom matures. the nuances of the blooms , if they linger on the vine well, are almost like two different types of flowers. near the end of bloom time, they all look creamy white, but there is a period mid bloom phase that is so beautiful.