Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Rural Gardening: Homestead High Tunnel, 1 by Jayryunen

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Jayryunen

In reply to: Homestead High Tunnel

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Homestead High Tunnel
Jayryunen wrote:
The previous picture is where things kinda went south for us. As I was up on the ladder at one end, trying to get things centered, and the lively breeze was trying to defeat our efforts, that disagreement over terms came up. I hollered go to the other side and pull it over and charming assistant ran to the other end... which of course I can't see, I just know suddenly she's not where I need her! I holler where are you and her voice comes from behind me... I'm where you told me to go! She's at the other END! Well, I'm sure you all can imagine how the breeze kicked up right then to fan the flames...

Anyway, in this picture we've regrouped and are working on getting the second end tied down. The instructions said to center from end to end and side to side, but we only did it side to side... I realized if we played our cards right, we could end up with a useful width of fabric for future cold frames or ? We got about a 4' x 28' length of fabric! Wooo-hooo!

This is my charming, patient, and thankfully forgiving partner pulling the fabric tight and wiglling in the wiggle wire that holds the fabric in the channel...