Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Beginner Gardening: What's growing on my Night Blooming Jasmine?, 1 by rjuddharrison

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rjuddharrison

In reply to: What's growing on my Night Blooming Jasmine?

Forum: Beginner Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What's growing on my Night Blooming Jasmine?
rjuddharrison wrote:
Wow! What an interesting thread reading it as different things play out.
Pretty much, I was thinking everything Ecrane did the whole way down based on the data of the day.
Each place is different, including the garden down the block, so I'll provide some info from my garden, and then go from there.
When I think about it, all of the night jasmine I have gets no direct morning or afternoon sun. They thrive in a humus rich mulchy soil. I've never seen a NBJ get too much water, although I can not see how large the pot your plant is in, it appears that the pot is rather large to the size of the plant and may pose a segment of a multifaceted array of issues facing the plant simultaneously

In general, in weather over 75F they are not happy transplants in my garden, and will remain distressed up to 2 weeks. The warmer the temps, the more distressed it will look. 99% of the time they recover. All transplants are left in a recovery area which is shaded most of the day. It will need to be left alone for a while, but it should recover.
So, make sure it's in shade for several days.
As much as you want to do something for its distress, let it alone for a few days, but make sure it's moist, not dry. If possible, don't fertilze or put other things on it as it will only add to it's distress.
The photo here is of a NBJ that I grew from a cutting about 3 inches long. It looked pretty terrible for several weeks, but as you can see, it eventually snapped out of it and is one of the best blooming NBJ I've ever had, it gets covered with the blooms.
And finally...if the little bugger croaks, I'll send you another, I pull them out of my garden like weeds.!
Rj