Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Beginner Gardening: What's growing on my Night Blooming Jasmine?, 1 by MacFL

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MacFL

In reply to: What's growing on my Night Blooming Jasmine?

Forum: Beginner Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What's growing on my Night Blooming Jasmine?
MacFL wrote:
Thanks Rachel!

ECrane: Yes, I initially tried acclimating it outdoors immediately upon receipt as I understood it to be such a hearty plant it was "a plant it and forget it" type of plant. I planted it in practically full sun as I also read to do, it looked grand upon receipt, but after planting in my yard, the following day it looked next to death! I took it out of the ground, put it in a pot and put it inside under 75 degree AC, and a 150W CFL Ecobulb which it loves. I then started to give it gradual sun through a window and then slowly a few hours outdoors in morning sun in the pot. It always looks shocked after being outside for even a few hours of cool morning sunshine.

I tried doing all of this in the last couple of weeks. I received the plant about two and a half weeks ago. It's been next to death twice now, and I guess considering it looks like it's going to pull out of this nose dive also, this is why they call it "hardy". It's already 80 plus degrees here some days although humidity remains about 65-68% which is low for us and maybe too low for the NBJ, I don't know.

The leaves still have some brown spots, see pic below, but overall, the plant looks better since spraying with Neem and replanting in potting soil w/o cow manure/compost mix. Also without giving it ANY sunlight. Just the Ecobulb which it does well with placed about 12" underneath the shade.

Thanks for the referrals to get some further help!

Hopefully one day I will have the NBJ I want in my garden and I will send photos worthy of the bandwidth! haha

Thanks again, everyone.

Mac