Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: Please ID, 1 by ClematisGuru

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ClematisGuru

In reply to: Please ID

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Please ID
ClematisGuru wrote:
re the niobe on the alberta spruce and boxwood, it is a 4 ft white tuteur that is almost totally hidden. i have a grapevine ball on top of the structure that is totally obscured. plant about 6 years old, actually 2 plants down there. i have the same planting on each side of the walkway to front door.
i keep it in check by pruning it a lot, early season, midseason, etc. do not want it too big. any clem can be kept in bounds with nippers and determination, which is why i never get too opinionated about "...how big will it be" that is up to you as the gardener!
i have been fortunate enough to hear the famous clem expert from ireland, mary toomey speak a few times, and one of the things she loves to say is "you wouldn't let your children run around promiscuously, would you? so why would you (or do you) let your clems?"

i love this shot form the other side of the walkway with all the blooms peeking up. don't have a shot showing both displays (both have the now hidden structure)