Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Flower Pot Cafe - 20, 1 by BLOSSOMBUDDY

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BLOSSOMBUDDY

In reply to: Flower Pot Cafe - 20

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Flower Pot Cafe - 20
BLOSSOMBUDDY wrote:
I dont mind the wild ones at all, nor do I mind the wild geese. I would not own any domestics unless I had a proper place for them. I got a stray domestic pair that just showed up in recent weeks that have been nothing but a nuisance. They roam on the higway, in peoples yards and just anywhere, reak havoc in the garden and disrupt the flow of traffic. Apparently their owner does not give a rats potato about them as they refuse to keep them in.

We used to have a farm and a pond that was 100% fenced in. We had some geese and they were nice. But the stray dogs would hop the fence and kill them for their sport leaving them dead. Least as if it was a coyote that came in, you could always tellthe difference because the coyote would eat the whole bird leaving very little waste in the bone and feathers, but those lousy strays would leave the whole bird laying either dead or injured. Just made us sick how we would have to keep replacing our birds and how sickening it was to have so many domestic stray dogs dumped that would reack havoc on a killing spree. I swear some people have no brains.

I remember too after awhile, then the wild geese started coming and how polluted the pond became. What a mess they could make! Goose grease every where. But we loved them Canadians! We would leave them corn in our field after we would harvest and it was so beautiful to watch them come in flying in formation! There was one goose that some hunter clipped and apparently he lost his mate. He took up sanctuary at our old pond and was there for weeks and then he returned the following year. We could tell it was him becuase he had a very squeaky honk. Apparently he had been hit with some bird shot in his voice box. But old Squeaky as we called him, he got friendly and when he was healed up he would take small flights around the pond to get some exersize and when he would come over the fence we would always tell him, SQUEAKY, go home so he woud llift up and go back over the fence and back to the pond and he did that many times, It was awesome to have a wild bird that was knowing he was getting a safe home and a place to come back. Poor guy though, I dont think he ever did have a mate. The hunters probably got his girl. So sad because you know they mate for life.

It just irks me how people do not care about their own or anyone elses yet alone the wild ones. Well heres hissing at those bad people and bad dogs!