Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Theme - Spring Flowers, 1 by Gwendalou

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gwendalou

In reply to: Theme - Spring Flowers

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Theme - Spring Flowers
Gwendalou wrote:
I also like the hyacinth and white tulip arrangment. And I'm wondering how those yellow tulips are standing up so straight in the tulips and bunny arrangement! I had a heck of a time with the white and pink fringe tulips in this rose and tulip bunny arrangement. It's in foam. I should have done the grid. I always forget about that option!

I love that you have this flower club! We do arrangements as part of two garden clubs I'm in. Some of the older ladies are real sticklers for the old rules. Both clubs are still doing what I refer to as the hogwart's curve. LOL I have heard the white vase rule before via people being knicked points for not having white flowers in their white vase arrangements. I've actually never taken in an arrangement. Too much work to get it there in one piece only to have it cut down by picyune (sp?) judgers who don't really know what they're talking about half the time.

I volunteered to work on the 'handbook' in one club so that I could redo the way they outline the arrangements for each month! It's fine to have rules to follow but in flower arranging, part of being a good arranger is knowing when to break the rules for interest. I don't think garden clubs need to stick to those old lady rules so much. Probably in a 'flower club' you are required to really stick to the rules, eh? We always have a 'designer's choice' in both of my garden clubs and I strongly feel that one should be allowed to get a little creative in a designer's choice arrangement.