Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropical Zone Gardening: Yesterday...., 1 by lourspolaire

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lourspolaire

In reply to: Yesterday....

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Yesterday....
lourspolaire wrote:
The 3rd annual guys' cruise was a total success.

How does one condense 7 days of good-natured clean fun into a few sentences? I'll try.

We sailed out of Miami on the Freedom of the Seas, the world's biggest cruise ship. The ship visited Puerto Rico, St.Thomas and St. Maarten. We only went ashore in Puerto Rico, having seen the other 2 islands ad nauseam.

The goal of breaking with everyday teedium was fully attained and often exceeded. We lounged on deck chairs in the shade during the day, retired to the room around 4PM for before-dinner drinks and room service munchies, went for dinner some time between 7 and 9:30PM, saw the featured show, haunted the cigar room, sang along at the British pub, made fools of ourselves at karaoke, went for a walk on deck under the stars around midnight for a breath of fresh air before returning to the bars and disco until closing time. We closed the bars at 3:30AM and opened the breakfast buffet at 6:00AM for coffee and a bite to eat. There was a bed in the room but we didn't use it that much.

Here is a picture of Claude and myself in the British pub around closing time, towards the end of the cruise. Wear and tear is beginning to show on Claude but I appear all right, all things considered. I used my camera's self-portrait feature. It works well.

Aloha, y'all!
Pu'ole, a.k.a. Sylvain.