Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Rural Gardening: Pregnant Icelandic Ewe - need help predicting birth., 1 by frans530

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright frans530

In reply to: Pregnant Icelandic Ewe - need help predicting birth.

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Pregnant Icelandic Ewe - need help predicting birth.
frans530 wrote:
I am a bit comfused as to why you would wait until fall to clean up the wild fibers, why not get them now so you have decent fall fiber? Or is that the novice in me asking questions?

I can understand the shearer no spending anymore time.. for him time is real money.. but why wouldn't you continue to trim him?

Read this as: asking a real question.. wanting a real answer.. no accusing anyone of being lazy, just really trying to understand how this works. Are you suppose to wait?

And what do you do with all that felted fiber? Is this straight to the compost pile? Which BTW, I hear makes the best addition to a compost pile.. scare the dickens out of regular garden pest visitors one you start using your compost.

My very matted but Tank.. His skin underneath is in very poor conditon.. not light white flakes.. more like heavy duty scabs. I can't wait to get him sheared. It is suppose to be soon.