Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: Pruning new clematis, 1 by BonnieIN

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BonnieIN

In reply to: Pruning new clematis

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Pruning new clematis
BonnieIN wrote:
I agree Dawn, gardening is very enjoyable and relaxing.
I've been having a heck of a time with my elbow the past 3 weeks which I don't know if it's a pinched nerve or something like tennis elbow but told DH today that if it didn't get better in the next week that I was going to have to make a trip to the Dr. and even if he had to give me a cortisone shot that I just had to do it because I have so much to do and can't do anything without it really hurting bad.

Guru, I will definately check out the other species. Sorry to hear about your DoE!

Fancy, I didn't prune last fall so I assume they needed pruned now for a healthier root system.
I planted 2" or so below the soil level and when I top off with more composted manure that should make the level 5" or so.
I have already went to clematisontheweb and will continue doing so.
I keep a plant journal on my computer on each new plant purchase and for the clem's I am adding info which group they belong to.

At our new place here I am going to have to get ID's on 2 existing clematis so I will know how to care for them. I did manage to take pix last year when they were in full bloom but unfortunately it was with my old camera so I didn't get a very good one.
Here they are.. any ideas?