Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Beginner Gardening: Let's See Your ARBORS and TRELLISES! Part 2, 1 by SoCal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SoCal

In reply to: Let's See Your ARBORS and TRELLISES! Part 2

Forum: Beginner Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Let's See Your ARBORS and TRELLISES!  Part 2
SoCal wrote:
I had to take a large Buddleia out last year as it's roots penetrated into my pond and caused it to leak. When I took it out, it left a huge void in the corner of my garden and I didn't want to plant another large tree/bush because of the roots.

I decided to get an arbor/trellis and plant a climbing rose on it, etc. I planted a Cl.Graham Thomas rose and it is doing very well, in fact it already has some buds on it today.

My problem was still there, as inside the trellis, you could still see a void and the block wall....it really needed something else in there. Well, Jasperdale came last week to pick me up for our DG RU and I asked him for some ideas and he gave me something to think about.

A couple of months ago I saw a great idea on Paul James TV show and always thought I would love to do it if I could come up with some old bricks. Wellllllllll, it just so happens that my neighbor next door was cleaning out his side yard this past weekend and he had a whole bunch of used bricks stacked up from an old patio he had. I asked him about them and he said I could use some for my project. I started working on it today. :-)

So, here is the before pic of the arbor. See how naked it is inside.

Donna