Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Gardening: Cottage Garden Seed Swap & Chat #33, 1 by klstuart

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright klstuart

In reply to: Gardening: Cottage Garden Seed Swap & Chat #33

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Gardening: Cottage Garden Seed Swap & Chat #33
klstuart wrote:
Need to get myself moving and transplant some stuff, clean out last years pots, etc. Don't know what my problem is, it's gorgeous out!

As for the fast growing plants, I don't know. I use a weak fertilizer for seedlings that Park Seed sells every couple waterings. I also hear a lot of people talking about how cold their house is. I've got my shelves on a main floor (no basement here) and the house rarely gets below 68°. Lights are set for 16hrs a day.

Maybe it's a different kind of Torenia? I got it in a swap with rjones8194, and I believe it's
Torenia fournieri, bluewings. Planted 1/10, here's a pic of the biggest one, started blooming a couple days ago. Have a few shorter, and a few that were kitty pruned, but I think they'll live. I just hope all these plants that are blooming inside continue when they finally get outside!