Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: mY gLORIFIED pOTTING sHED , 1 by BLOSSOMBUDDY

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BLOSSOMBUDDY

In reply to: mY gLORIFIED pOTTING sHED

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of mY gLORIFIED pOTTING sHED
BLOSSOMBUDDY wrote:
Well, floors we pretty much covered. Them pesky voles on the other hand. What you have there my dear is actually more of a grub problem. If you have voles and moles and gophers they are perging your yard for the grubs.

If you have a dirt floor, you will always run the chance of the critters upheaving it.

One recommendation for the grubs though is to us a product called milkyspore. Its a natural product that works in the erradication of the grubs. You eliminate the grubs, you eliminate the bigger critters because that is their food source.

Another way you can tell if you have a lot of grubs in your yard is if you get a lot of starlings and black birds in your yard. They love grubs,

So ok, the milky spore and the birds act as grub control. Milk Spore will not hurt the birds.

About the only problem you might have is with your neighbor as the voles and such leave your yard to go hunt elsewhere. Recommend he use some too.

My yard is infiltrated now with the voles and such so I am in the process of applying this product.

Normally I shy away from hawking a product unless I am a satisfied user.

This message was edited Mar 20, 2009 2:37 PM