Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: Help ID, but no prize Niobe vs Warsaw Nike, 1 by ClematisGuru

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ClematisGuru

In reply to: Help ID, but no prize Niobe vs Warsaw Nike

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Help ID, but no prize Niobe vs Warsaw Nike
ClematisGuru wrote:
i buy every sedum i see that i do not have. have a bundle of the tags vs a list and if in doubt root thru the tags to see if i have it.
sedum is so amazing a plant.in severe drought it closes something called the stomata, which is what happens in cold weather,, it just shuts down and handles the drought. most can take a variety of shade, sun, water or not. they like poor soil for the most part.
however, many many of them do well with adequate sunshine and look better with it.
and when i buy one, i just tear off pieces, stick them in some dirt and the root immediately.

i like to put the sedum in containers, at base of clems and edge of borders too. here is a birdbath i converted to an urn a couple of years ago (pic from last summer) and keep planted with sedum.it winters over each year, but i am always sticking new bits and pieces in it, it is like a tapestry.
sedum it is a good secondary obsession to clems as they are so easy and fool proof!