Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM #32, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM #32

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  #32
77sunset wrote:
Hello everyone. The sun is shining and the day will be lovely here. Yesterday was fine and mild too. A real Autumn day.
The garden is already looking a bit better after the drop of rain. Marvellous how a small amount of rain will work more on the plants than gallons of tap water. But then, I think we do better on the rain water than tap water too.
I have just about tidied all the garden now and will only have to do the main winter rose prune later in the year.
Hubby is still running about with his chainsaw so I usually get out in the opposite part of the garden. I then don't have to watch how and what he does .
Talking of men and their toys, Gardengal, I think you were very lucky to only lose one vine. I have a strict rule here. Hubby is not to touch the Roundup. Oh dear, have I seen some dire results of that combination.
I watched hubby spraying when I was first here, Never again. Just as well I had not started on the garden then or it would have all died. He waves the sprayer over everything. I said I will spray from now on and luckily he agreed.
I had a friend with a beautiful trimmed daisy hedge she had nurtured for years. She needed some weeds killed outside the fence. Her nephew and grandson arrived and did it while she was out. A few weeks later the daisies were very ill so she asked me to check them for her . I could see by the trail of dead grass what had happened. Man + Roundup strikes again.
Don't get me wrong Brian and Steve, I know there are male gardeners who know where grass stops and garden begins. Our men can be handy around the garden when asked to help and under strict supervision.
Found the wine drinker too, Brian. She owned up , so there maybe a tipple left for the others . Sammut . Your house matches your personality . So serene.
Shelly, your rainforest is taking shape. The broms will look wonderful. You need some wildlife now . Ask Kat for a few turkeys, Ha ha.
Dalfyre, I am really enjoying your photos. So many ideas that I would love to try but not really for here. Hello Leisa, your helper looks rather tired. He probably needed to sleep right there. Steve,your carnivorus plants sound great. I always like looking at them in nurseries Yes, I do touch them to see them close. Don't we all ?
Remember, though, they do grow. "Little Shop of Horrors" Feeeed meeee !!!!1
Hello to Chrissy (resting) , Mya, Helen and all others who may pop in.
Try this today . Ginger Cake
Jean.