Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM #32, 1 by LeisaD

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright LeisaD

In reply to: TEA ROOM #32

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  #32
LeisaD wrote:
Evening all,
It's taken me all afternoon to read thru all the entries since my last visit, especially with the flower show to visit & the little test to take (& a wander around my garden while the sun was going down)!
Actually I'm not surprised some or you got #4 of the test wrong, as I actually believe their answer is wrong!
The question was: True of false: If all Doolies are Bawuns, and some Bawuns are Toodles, then all the Toodles must be Doolies.
I'm in IT & deal with logic problems a lot! If you draw a Venn diagram (if you know what that is...), you'll see the answer is wrong.
Or as my husband suggested, if you substitute other things for Doolies, Bawuns & Toodles, you can also see it's wrong,
eg if Doolies=Queenslanders, Bawuns=Australians & Toodles=men, then you get:
If all Queenslanders are Australians, and some Australians are men, then all the men must be Queenslanders?

Anyway, back to the garden...
Dalfyre I loved the Inner Sanctuary from the Flower show, ie the garden with the bath in the middle. I could handle having a bath in the lovely setting - but only if there were no neighbours! The succulents look wonderful too! Also that pic of the lovely purple flowers you posted - is that candy tuft - it's so pretty!
Chrissy your down pour the other day looks really heavy! It seem like we get a lot heavier rain these days than we used to, the old saying it doesn't rain but it pours!
Sammut, your buddha looks very relaxed! As for your shed-top planters, I've seen ice plant growing down rocks nicely - would that work? (see http://www.tclawnservices.com/images/Baby run rose (Ice Plan...).jpg) Or maybe oregano?
Anyway I gotta run & do dinner. Here's my helper (or hinderer, as he kept sleeping on the bits I needed to look at!) with the paperwork I was doing today!
Leisa.