Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: Starting new clem, 1 by JeanneTX

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright JeanneTX

In reply to: Starting new clem

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Starting new clem
JeanneTX wrote:
Bonnie..I always pull my mulch just a tad bit away from the vines after laying it because the mulch will hold the moisture for a time..this is good because you don't want to invite diseases...I've never really been particular about keeping the compost or composted cowmanure away from the vines as it dries out quickly. Niobe, if your composted cowmanure is well rotted ..that is something you don't have to worry about..
Shirl..he girl..GLAD to be back..what a winter I had...was sick for 2+ weeks and then my internet was out for sometime...
I have to concur with Niobe..My Tie Dye was a winner from day one..it is one pruning group three that seems to "Leap" the first year I planted it and a blooming fool..
Carolyn..my CDB is such a joy...hard pruning her year after year has caused her to send many new shoots from the soil..she is 6 years old this year and can't wait to see her do her thang....Hugzzz everyone...Jeanne
Here is my "Tie-Dye" from last year..I hard prune when she has finished her 1st flush and can easily get three bloom periods from her in a season