Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Gardening: Cottage Garden Seed Swap & Chat #32, 1 by toofewanimals

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright toofewanimals

In reply to: Gardening: Cottage Garden Seed Swap & Chat #32

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Gardening: Cottage Garden Seed Swap & Chat #32
toofewanimals wrote:
A friend gave me some Pink Obediant Plants 2 years ago, warning me to cut the blooms before the seeds dropped. I've tried to be vigilant. I planted it in the middle of this bed 2 years ago, the bed is now on its 4th year. So far the OP has been very good, especially since the sedum has completely covered the bed, hopefully it is shading/killing any OP seedlings.
This bed mainly consists of 2 different groundcover sedums (Golden acre and dragons blood), Brilliant sedum, stella daylilies, some bulbs (daffs, lolipop lilies), Rudbeckia that I allow to reseed at will, and Rocks. This bed takes an amazing amount of abuse, so only the most hardy were planted here. sorry I don't have an updated picture, guess I will try to get one this year.

How does that saying go ... first year it sleep, second creeps, third leaps ... Yikes, its the third year for my Obediant plant. lol