Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: Ok experts - need more suggestions here, 1 by ClematisGuru

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ClematisGuru

In reply to: Ok experts - need more suggestions here

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Ok experts - need more suggestions here
ClematisGuru wrote:
oooh so glad to hear that glandrews!!!
i have had other to take this type of wait period so i hadn't written it off. even my precious perrins pride was very slow.it is still gentle in habit but the blooms are so beautiful it has been worth the wait.
clair de lune blooms for me, but just a few. this will be the break thru year for her.
i bet NC is a great clem climate!!!!
was telling someone today, i really don't know how i kept my interest up the first few years in clems and my gardening skills and the ramp period made for a lot of disappointment. then POW. all worth the wait.

actually i do know how i stood the wait. i had been to a lecture by mary toomey, UK clem expert and amazing speaker about the rannaculae genus.....and i went again 2 years later to hear her. i remember i had 20 clems in the ground, nothing worth taking a pic of even. and i met a lady at the lecture who had 80 and i thought she was a wack o.....now with me well over 300, probably close to 400 with spring shipments. doing a new spreadsheet and count in a week or so....anyway i joined the obsession...and so glad i waited it out.
hope this is the leap year for my clair de lune! and i think it will be. drool drool drool
here is a pic of my perrins pride. it is a matte purple. i grow it with albaflora, non vining white clem.