Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: mislabeled iris, 1 by bonjon

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bonjon

In reply to: mislabeled iris

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of mislabeled iris
bonjon wrote:
true, because it's far more likely that Heritage mislabeled in the digging process. If the labels are not attached to the plant itself, just in the pot, then those labels are subject to careless shoppers and kids mixing them up at Mori.

DELETE - sounds like you already did!
YOU NEED TO ASK HERITAGE IF THEY HAVE FEEDBACK GROWING. Most sellers do not offer all their selections every year in their catalogues.

INSTEAD -
This is a good time of year to get their help on ID. Call again and try again on the email address. Push now. emailed photos to growers resulted in ID 50% of the time for me. In another two weeks, they won't give you the time of day they'll be so busy.

never heard of Mori or Heritage, so doubt they are hybridizing new introductions. Far more likely they grow older tried and true cultivars, and not all that many are used. look for those that have been intro'ed about 8 or more years back unless you paid more than $10-14 for them.

Feedback is a very likely suspect, it is highly prolific and robust, thus popular with retailers. Again and Again has been very popular, and sells better than Feedback.

If you get a few different names, I'll check out the AIS descriptions for you next week or so. Your photo is far too dark for Victoria F. But there are a lot of rebloomers this color. I have City Lights, but it is, again, lighter. here is my photo of City Lights taken in 2007

This message was edited Mar 7, 2009 3:35 PM