Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Pacific Northwest Gardening: Weird weird '09... #5, 1 by gardener105

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gardener105

In reply to: Weird weird '09... #5

Forum: Pacific Northwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Weird weird '09... #5
gardener105 wrote:
DIO, l love the pics of DU, DS and the cows. We used to raise Reg Polled Herefords, but the market didn't bring in the money with the red hides so that's why we switched to Black Angus cows and kept Lucky the bull. Black sells! Here's a pic of Not-So-Lucky and Ladybug with her last heifer calf, that was taken a yr ago, that's why they're all shaggy. Ladybug came by her name honestly. When she was about 2 months old, SHE started walking up to the guy next door where we had them pastured. He would pet her and she would follow him all over. When I would go over there to water his place, she would do the same thing with me. Well, when we brought them home, I figured she would stop, she didn't. As a matter of fact she would get to be a real pest and bug me to be petted. Since she was a heifer and actually a real sweetheart, hence the name Ladybug.
Steve, you're funny. We're in the process of puchasing a 25' O'Day sailboat. It's in Idaho about 600 miles± from here. We haven't had a sailboat for 20 yrs and want to get back into it so when DH retires we can take it to the San Juan Islands in Washington and go siling through the Islands. We chartered a 27' O'Day up there 25 yrs ago and had a ball. We did quite a bit of motor sailing because of the tides, but that was okay, we still enjoyed it very much!
Love the pics of the furbabies.
Susan105

This message was edited Mar 6, 2009 9:54 AM

This message was edited Mar 8, 2009 3:30 PM