Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: I've been away too long!!! , 1 by rcn48

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rcn48

In reply to: I've been away too long!!!

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of I've been away too long!!!
rcn48 wrote:
Quoting:It is a charming house no wonder your daughter wanted it

Not as 'charming' as some of the others they had looked at but the price of this one was more reasonable :) It was tough for them, the prices in that area are steep! They both work in Portland, which is the largest city in Maine and the pricey suburbs were out of the question. Coastal property is ridiculous and then as you head north from the city you get closer to the area surrounding Sebago Lake which is another high priced area. Their home is halfway between Portland and the lake area so it's perfect! I've checked out the aerial images on google maps, although the images aren't up to date, they were taken before the house was built. I even looked at the "street view" where you can get a 360 image, just like doing a 'drive by'! LOL

A porch swing would be nice! I've already offered to get them a few things but my son-in-law says: "plants will be enough" :)

This is the deck on the back of the house - haven't started 'landscaping' it yet but I'm thinking it's going to be a perfect exposure for an Oakleaf Hydrangea!