Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: I've been away too long!!! , 1 by rcn48

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rcn48

Subject: I've been away too long!!!

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of I've been away too long!!!
rcn48 wrote:
Whew! I've been checking in from time to time but obviously not enough, I've got threads I'm watching that I haven't checked since November!!!! But...I've been busy! Gardening didn't cease for me until late into the fall - reworked a few gardens and can't wait to get back out there this spring and finish what I started!

Now it's time to catch you up on what I've been doing! Early December I tried to start my DG journal. I was trying to put together a 'history' of our landscape. Got totally frustrated and decided I liked the format better on our Photo Gallery. Took me over two months to put it all together but I finally finished it in January. If you've got some time check it out, it takes awhile to get through the journal, there are over 100 photos! You've seen some of them when I've posted a few of my projects through the past few years, but this is a collection of the history of our landscaping endeavors since the house was first built :) http://www.pbase.com/rickscustomnursery/our_landscape

I had so much fun learning CSS to design the format for the journal that I spent the next month updating our Photo Gallery and website. Then I was off to Maine for a late holiday celebration with my family. Picked up some rocks for the gardens while I was there! My son had been collecting them for me before the snow hit the area and I was loaded down for the trip home :) My daughter and son-in-law have been looking for their first home for over a year now and we visited some of those they had been looking at. Unfortunately the one they really wanted wasn't available to look at while I was there :( They had been trying to negotiate with the seller for over a month and he wouldn't budge. Wouldn't you know it, two weeks after I left they were finally successful and moved into their new home on Valentine's Day. My daughter's been waiting for the day that I could help her with a landscape and I'm already to start digging :) So...I've been busy for the past month "designing" a landscape for them! I'm really excited with the possibilities and fortunately she's provided me with plenty of photos so I've done some 'planting' for her already :) The house is gray with white trim and they're going to be painting the porch railings, etc. white this spring. This is what the house looked like in November on their first visit.