Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Mid-Atlantic Snowstorm, 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Mid-Atlantic Snowstorm

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Mid-Atlantic Snowstorm
Gitagal wrote:
My biggest frustration was all the Black Birds devouring every seed in my bird-feeders that were meant for the "little folks".....They are like vacuums!!!!

I spent lots of time standing by my big LR window and banging on it to make the "Blackies" scoot. Of course--they only scooted to the trees in my back yard. as soon as I moved away from the windows--they were back...
I kept this up until I got tired of it! And the Blackbirds just sat in the trees and waited until my face disappeared from the big window.....NOT a fun "game".....!!!
As soon as I shooshed them away--al the small birds would come right back tot he feeders and eat their fill. Then--they would all scoot when the "nasties" came back.....etc..etc...etc...

In the end--"THEY" won out and emptied about 8lbs. of expensive bird seed from all my feeders. In just half a day!!!!! I hate them! They come in hordes!! Like a black cloud descending on my property!

Here's the "little ones" reclaiming the feeder for just a few minutes.....

edited to say--Those tubes were completely full this morning!!!!! and completely empty when they got done!!!! Bandidts! That's what they are!!!!!

This message was edited Mar 3, 2009 10:28 PM