Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: mY gLORIFIED pOTTING sHED , 1 by BLOSSOMBUDDY

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BLOSSOMBUDDY

In reply to: mY gLORIFIED pOTTING sHED

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of mY gLORIFIED pOTTING sHED
BLOSSOMBUDDY wrote:
Ours is facing on an angle with the door side slightly cocked southeast
and the length is sort of on the southern exposure. It was also the only way we could get the benefit we needed of the sun and in relation to the location to the house. Our house is southwesterly of it. So it is not quite "square" with the world. There were some trees here too when we put it in so now it is getting a lot more sun since we had to remove the trees. I miss the trees that were around it, but they were going into our power line and well, we could not have that!

Figure this too, it is a portable building.. if you move you could also take it with you or opt to leave it for the next guy.

We put ours on a long hay rack and it only took the two of us to move it! We looked like the Beverly Hillbillies back then!! LOL! But it was worth taking it.

Yeah, I have had it with winter too. I do not know why, but this winter has beat the life out of me. Sooo depressing and I have been soo achey. I spent three weeks back in December on and off between a
cane and crutches..just because old "Arthr" was bugging the hawk out of me! I am not aging graceful and going down kicking and screaming!!

I am sooo pathetically out of shape.. It is really going to be tough getting going in the better weather without wearing myself out even more too!

Well, I did get 4 sacks of potting soil....and no place to bring them in here!! LOL! Guess I best start walking my yellow containers and window boxes out to where I am going to put them later and get in the walk pattern for watering later..ye gads.. exersize!.. I am kind of sortof hoping what ever seed feel in from the plants I had in them last fall will sprout and go. I am not going to do them in the greenhouse though. If nothing starts to show by mid April, then I will poke something in them.

Now where did I leave the wheelbarrow.. well, maybe I will just hold off until tomorrow...my energy is shot for today! I hate pilates!! LOL!

I was looking for a picture of when we moved the thing here, but could not find one, but came across this oldie!!.. too funny! But you get the idea, the greenhouse is portable! This load here was a riot! Back then we figured if we could move this, the greenhouse was gonna be a peice of cake! And it was! Just took a little of what we called farmer-engi-nu-ity!