Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: show me your pics, 1 by ClematisGuru

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ClematisGuru

In reply to: show me your pics

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of show me your pics
ClematisGuru wrote:
it is a lot of clems. my 2 acres is kind of set back, so from the street there really is no view of the clems. and i have kept them away from the house for the most part, so the impact is small unless you walk into the gardens which have enough shrubbery and other foundation design so that you are not really aware of the clems unless you walk the paths behind the shrubbery.
believe me, the "design" is an accidental , haphazard design that has evolved from gardening on the same property for 18 years and clearing different areas over the years from wild wood and native brush. but as mistakes were made, corrections made and my original "country garden perennial" look evolved to the shrubs and clems it has all kind of just worked out like that.

it's kind of cool that they are a bit hidden. when i walk people around they become amazed if it is the right time of year. and i am always glad to not look at them in the winter.
for instance, in this photo, there are about 30 clems BEHIND the landscape berm of shrubs. so from the lawn you can not see them, except sometimes peeking thru the evergreens or just nice little views of them.

all accidental i can assure you.