Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: mY gLORIFIED pOTTING sHED , 1 by BLOSSOMBUDDY

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BLOSSOMBUDDY

In reply to: mY gLORIFIED pOTTING sHED

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of mY gLORIFIED pOTTING sHED
BLOSSOMBUDDY wrote:
Ok, I finally found the brochure on mine.. I thought I remembered it had some pic on it for installation.. so here goes..not the best pics because they are pics of pics and a tad blurry, ut I think youcan see what I mentioned above for installation.

You need to dig down the perimeter of the walls of the greenhouse. That is where you wil set the woood that I was talking earlier when you go to mount the thing.

Here is the trench....

I did like the concrete better, only because I could stripe the bedding out of it and clean it up better. But the dirt floor is not bad. You cna stil clean it out.. what I do like about the dirt though is that it wil retain moisture and humidity better than the concrete, but you put like straw or woodchips or a layer of sand on top of the concrete ant it does almost the same you just need ot check it regular to monitor things.

As for hanging things, I do not recommend drilling too many holes to mount things to hang. It could ruin the integrity of the structure. You can hook a basket or two on the vent wall...but yeah, head room is an issue! As for drilling holes, you then want to be sure they are not in stress point of the walls.