Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: what else are you planting this year?, 1 by Texasgrower

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Texasgrower

In reply to: what else are you planting this year?

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of what else are you planting this year?
Texasgrower wrote:
I saw "sunpatiens" in the Park Seed catalog. They are impatiens for the sun. I thought I might try six of those. I love impatiens too. I have ordered red and white cannas to put around the flag pole under Old Glory. Of course the clems I have ordered. Thanks for that idea of impatiens under the clems Niobe. I will try that.

Also have more calibrachoas coming. I love this plant. They mound and self clean. Three small plants in a 12" pot grow into a huge mound like in the pic below. These are in the GH right now. I have red and white ones coming.

I am planting at least eight brugs. I have a mandevellia that grows in a pot. Have to overwinter it in the workshop. Will be planting mgs all over the place. Have a Carolina Jasmine, Nandina, chinese fringe, windmill palm, two butterfly bushes, two crape myrtles, hmmmm I know I'm missing something. Any way, enought to keep me busy. Oh yea, the hydrangea. I'm trying to reduce my pots so I'm not killing myself to water everyday. Last year I broke my ankle in July and couldn't get out to water like the plants needed. My family begrudgingly watered every few days for me. I don't want to have to worry about that again. So a lot is going into the ground this year.

My fav flower is the petunia. It smells good, the hummers and bees love them.