Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Does anyone have a moon garden?, 1 by pennefeather

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pennefeather

In reply to: Does anyone have a moon garden?

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Does anyone have a moon garden?
pennefeather wrote:
Donna: That sounds lovely. I hope that you will post of pictures of your garden from last summer.

For todays shopping expedition, I purchased moonflower, datura, and petunia seeds to add to the garden. I also got four o'clocks, but they are mixed colors. I started a zillion foxglove about a month ago, so I will have plenty to put in the back of the bed. I am ordering the astilbe from a nursery on Ebay that I have purchased from before.

I wish that I had more sun in this area, so that I could add some zinnias and roses, but I don't they would make it here. Hydrangeas are lovely, but they would take up too much room for this bed. If I make the bed too deep, it will be sledded upon by the kids come winter. I am going to give in and order some more seeds, since the nursery doesn't have white in four o'clocks. I also want to try some flowering tobacco.

The more time that I spend thinking about this, the more options I am finding. I found this photo on Fine Gardening's website