Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: show me your pics, 1 by Texasgrower

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Texasgrower

In reply to: show me your pics

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of show me your pics
Texasgrower wrote:
You should see the back! We live on the edge of the Piney Woods of East Texas. Need I say more? Some of the trees are Red Buds, Dogwoods, Black Haw, Ash, Sycamore, and of course three different kinds of oaks, and crape myrtles. We live on an acre so it's got some open space but the trees are old and have quite a canopy.

The pic below was taken last April and from about halfway down the yard. We had a lot of concrete work and additions added to the house when we bought it. They dug up a lot of turf. It is spreading and filling in nicely now. What you see behind the house in the way of trees, is what the front is like. We had six trees removed to make room for the carport/workshop and garden. The house wouldn't be as cool in the triple digit summers we have if it weren't for the trees. That's why we don't cut them down. They keep the whole yard and house cooler. But, ya know, that clematis looks awfully pretty on that stump............:)