Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening: Which Passionflower for Gulf Frits?, 1 by Lily_love

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Lily_love

In reply to: Which Passionflower for Gulf Frits?

Forum: Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Which Passionflower for Gulf Frits?
Lily_love wrote:
I've a hypothesis on Gulf Frits' preferrences on which kind of Passionflower. They're like children from different part of the world, whose acquired tastes are entirely varied. For instance; I've the native passion flower vine, P. incarnata in my garden, I also have grown 'Lady Margaret' (red Passy), 'Lavender Lady' Passy, and a blue Passy called P. caerulea. I've not seen any cats. on any other passy that I raised in the garden but the old fashioned P. incarnata. Where as I've seen many gardener from Texas that sworn her/their G.Frits are crazy about their P. caerulea. Now, Martha has G.Frits that prefer her red passy. So that leave me the conclusion that they'll eat what's readily available, and develope the acquired taste.
Kim

This is/was my Amethyst 'Lavender Lady' Passy, which was hardy only 2 years in my zone in a protected corner of the garden. Last year I've looked for the flower, but I believe frost has gotten it on its 3rd year in the garden.