Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Canadian Gardening: What's Happening in YOUR neighborhood today #14, 1 by fancyvan

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright fancyvan

In reply to: What's Happening in YOUR neighborhood today #14

Forum: Canadian Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What's Happening in YOUR neighborhood today #14
fancyvan wrote:
Well just to take your mind off Obama etc....
Got home a bit ago from doc. appoint and grocery shopping to hear a message on my machine from dog walker - Fancy was missing! It is a long rather narrow city park with slopes down to theriver. He was walking from south, another guy from north looking. I hopped in car - not far to park - and drove slowly along road watching all the dogs, suddenly saw a group with whatI thought was a sheltie, looked more closely, yes! Hopped out of the car blowing my whistle - they heard and I realised it was my dog walker so just met them at end of park!Great relief all round.Bad enough to lose your own dog but somebody who is being paid to take the dogs feels a whole lot worse! Guess she wandered away with another group of dogs and the guy walking from the north saw her, called her but when he picked her up to put in his truck to take her to the south park.lot she got frantic so he just walked her back until they met Dean!
I have been having some concerns lately about slightly unusual behaviour and wondering if the hearing is starting to go. Guess we will have to reevaluate if they continue to go for walks off leash.
I lost her once before when she freaked at a hot air baloon and it was 2 hours before we found her back at the car! Scary!