Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening: Hummingbird Sitting on Nest!, 1 by sunnyg

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright sunnyg

In reply to: Hummingbird Sitting on Nest!

Forum: Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Hummingbird Sitting on Nest!
sunnyg wrote:
Thanks so much for all the kind words, they are much appreciated. I feel very lucky that I was able to witness what I did, in spite of the sadness of their loss. I must admit I keep looking out the window, even though the nest is now empty. We had a small break in the rain yesterday, and I did briefly see a hummingbird in the general area, but I don't know if it was the mama or not. I am heartened to hear that she will probably nest again. Can anyone provide some additional information on this or direct me to a good resource? Is it possible that she will nest nearby, or even use the same nest? Thanks again!

Here is the last pic I took of the mama on her nest (her eggs were blown out of the nest that night). I had slowly gotten near the nest, and was just starting to take some pics and then the mailman came by and scared her. I thought I'd have many more opportunities to take pics, so I didn't go out again that day.